Friday, February 6, 2009

The Things I Take for Granted...

As I was giving the kids a bath tonight, I stopped and thought about some of the little things I take for granted each day. I find myself doing this more often as my babies grow bigger.
After Aubrey's bath, she has the cutest little curls right at the nape of her neck. And her hair, it always smells heavenly. Gerald and I snuggle her and sniff her head constantly after her bath because her head usually ends up in our armpits when we're sleeping, so that nice, sweet, baby, smell doesn't last long! LOL!

And who could resist the wrinkly, pruny, little baby feet???? After we figured out which toys were scaring her in the bathtub (no fish that move, and no toys with eyes, like rubber ducks!) we can't get her out of there! Oh yeah, no My Little Ponies either. The hair freaks her out! I swear I have the strangest children. Sydney is/was scared of Shrek and Larry Boy from Veggie Tales.

And finally, I always take for granted how very much they adore their baby sister! They don't run to ME when they get home, they run to the baby and she's always full of giggles and delighted to see them!
Now that I've gushed on and on about how sweet and wonderful they are, I get to go put them to bed! LOL! I won't mention how well they go to bed...
Not a whole lot has been going on here. I'm getting ready to re-open the daycare. I don't plan on having a house full of kids this time. Just one full time and maybe a drop in here and there. Business is slow at the portrait studio and I don't want Gerald getting a second job. I'm keeping the studio job on the weekends. I really enjoy it (most of the time) and the money will be helpful around the holidays when business picks up. The weather is freezing, but I'm really not minding it too much. We had a couple days with a few flurries, but nothing that even stuck to the ground. The kids were really excited anyway. I filed taxes today. That was a relief! There is only one time of year that it pays to be poor and have a million kids. I know, we're providing the IRS with a tax free loan by not taking bigger paychecks, but this is our savings account. LOL! We'd surely piddle the money away if we got it every month.
See? I told you. Not a whole lot going around in these parts. I'll update again soon!

No comments: