Friday, November 21, 2008

Let it snow...Let it snow...Let it snow...

What a huge surprise for all of us this morning when we woke up to the clouds dumping huge, beautiful flakes of snow on us! I quickly called for the girls to come down because I knew it wouldn't last. We all stared in amazement and Sydney ran to the computer and went straight to weather.com to see how long it would last. Immediately she said, "Mom, I thought you said it had to be 32* out?, Weather.com says it's 36*." My reply was, "You may want to go watch it for another minute then because it will be stopping soon and it will be raining!" Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, you would never know that it had snowed at all. Most that know me, know I'm not a fan of winter, but this was perfect! A little snow to help bring in the festive time of year, but not enough to make us miserable. I would still like to see an inch or two once or twice this winter. It IS better than all the rain we get. Not to mention, actually living in a place that gets snow is fascinating to my children after having lived in Florida for most of their lives. Unfortunately I hadn't had my morning cup of coffee yet and didn't think to snap a picture of the snowfall, but trust me, it happened! :)
disclaimer-it's late, and I'm tired, so please forgive any spelling errors or poor grammar!

No comments: