Saturday, December 6, 2008

Because I don't give him enough credit...

We get so busy with everyday life, that I don't often get a chance to recognize all that my husband does for me. I know that I really need to work on showing my appreciation for him and all he does. So, tonight I'm going to do just that. I've been working a lot lately while there are hours to be worked. When you work in a photo studio, holidays are the busiest time, then there is next to nothing as of the 26th of December . So, I need to work while I can. This means being called at odd hours and asking if I can work with very short notice. This also means that if I'm scheduled till 1p.m., I may not be home till 7. Tonight was one of those nights. When I walked in the door tonight, the house was clean, the kids were fed and playing nicely, and the laundry was going. I couldn't have asked for more! The relief I felt when I could just take off my shoes, grab a bite to eat, and plop on the couch was indescribable. Granted, the house isn't always clean, the laundry isn't always going, but I do have to say, when he's in charge, the kids are always fed and well taken care of. Not that I'd expect anything less, but you have to remember he's gone from seeing the kids for only a half an hour a day just 6 months ago, to not only working 40hrs a week, but also being a single parent for a good chunk of every week! Not everyone can just be thrown into our routines and make it work! Of course, there are 4 little heathens that are sure to let you know if you do something out of routine! :) And while I'm on a roll here, I'll let it be known that he NEVER EVER complains if I want to go out shopping alone, take a nap, take a bath or shower just to get some peace, if the house isn't clean, or if I didn't feel up to cooking and we eat convenience foods. I know I complain too much, so before he ticks me off and I delete this whole post, I'm going to end it here and hurry up and hit post! LOL! I love you beeb!

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Awww...now that was sweet. :) You do have a great hubby there!