Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lucas Cleans

So, as part of our morning routine before school, I told the girls to go brush their teeth. Sydney headed upstairs and came down shortly after. She was holding a bottle of Listerine Smart Rinse (kids mouthwash). There was only one problem. It was EMPTY! I had just bought it 3 days ago! I asked her what happened, and she said, "I think Lucas dumped it down the sink." It seems while I was at work, Lucas decided to "clean". I learned this when I questioned his actions when he woke up this morning. Here's how our conversation went.

Me: Did you dump this down the sink?
Lucas: Yup, the sink had germs.
Me: Lucas, this is mouthwash, not chemicals for cleaning.
Lucas: I smelled it and I didn't like it.
Me: Ok, we'll next time you don't touch it, Ok? And if the sink has germs, tell me and *I* will clean it!
Lucas: Ok.

I'm not sure that any part of that conversation stayed in his little brain. But, I did learn that we are going to have to hide the nearly $4 bottles of mouthwash from him! I thought it was pretty safe, he's never touched it before! Oh how much I learn from a 3 year old boy! LOL!