Saturday, March 14, 2009

Never EVER EVER again

I swear I am NEVER going to comment again on how healthy my family has been. A month or so ago, my mother in law and I were talking about how healthy we all had been for such a long time. I think 3 days went by and I came down with a HORRID head cold that took me nearly 2 weeks to recover from. Three days ago, Lily almost stayed home from school because she had been up the night before with an upset tummy. Nothing came of it, but I let her sleep in the next morning. When she woke up, she exclaimed, "BUT MOMMM! I am FINE! I am line leader today, you HAVE to drive me to school!" So I did. She seemed fine after that. Yesterday, we were out late running errands and had a later dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Silver Diner. As we are about 2 minutes from the restaurant, Sydney tells me that her stomach is really upset. She says she's not going to puke or anything, so I just told her, that she didn't have to eat and she laid down in the booth for a few minutes and then decided to order french toast. She ate all of that and then some. She has been fine ever since. This morning, I wake up and see that Lucas is in our bed. No big surprise there till I walk by his room and see two large wet spots on his bed. Great. I thought he had peed (which he hasn't done in forever) and got into our bed. We JUST washed our bedding the day before. Upon walking in the room, I realize from the smell, it's not pee, but puke that Bentley, our loving golden retriever had cleaned up for me. (GAG!) Much to my surprise, when I went to check Lucas, he hadn't gotten even a tiny bit on him. And aside from walking to our bed, he never made a sound. Poor guy, he has tried so hard today to be better, but he's just not. He has it coming out the other end now. As does Aubrey. I am nauseated, but otherwise ok. I sure hope that this is the end of it and not the begining!

Either way...

Lesson learned.

Under NO circumstances will I EVER state how healthy my family has been!

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Oh HUGS! I try not to say anything when we haven't been sick, too...it always comes back to bite me!