Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm learning!


This is my first time attempting Walgreens deals. I've read and read and read about it, but never sat down to figure it out. I think I've got it now! I wish I had the coupons from the last few weeks, I'd have saved more. I also had to buy a couple of things that weren't deals. I needed a toothbrush and I couldn't wait for a deal since I've been sick and I bought another newspaper, so I could have 2 sets of this weeks coupons.


So here is a rundown of what I bought and the price it would have cost me if I had just walked in the store that day and bought it with no coupons.


Tide HE $5.99
Colgate 3.49
Robin Egg Candy 2.29
Blink Eye Drops 7.99
Reese's Candy 2.99
Sunday paper 2.00
409 Cleaner 2.50
3-Toiletpaper 1.89x3
Toothbrush 2.29
Viactiv 8.49
Infusium Conditioner 5.99

A total of $49.69 +tax
I paid out of pocket $23.85
I saved over $25.84!


I could have done a LOT better if I didn't buy a couple of the things I didn't really need like the candy and stuff, but it was a good deal, and our favorites, so I bought it anyway. I could have also saved more if we had more Walgreens in the area where I could buy in smaller increments. I'm thinking about doing a couple of the deals one more time before the ad ends, but not buying any of the extras so I end up paying very little. I'm also thinking about doing some of the rebates. It won't be an instant savings, but I can build up a giftcard for future purchases, so I really won't have much for out of pocket costs.
My next order of business is to figure out Kroger's deals!
I think I'm going to do my deal shopping on Monday evenings. It gets me out of the house for a while by myself and there's a little thrill that goes with getting something for next to nothing!

No comments: