Wednesday, September 16, 2009

3 Down, 1 to Go!

I just realized I have not updated since the first day of school! School started on September 8th. Lucas started pre-school this year. He loves the school part of it, but hates the naptime part. The mommy in me wants to run to his rescue everyday so he isn't subjected to the torture of a daily nap, but the daycare provider in me says he needs to suck it up and get used to it because he truly needs it since daddy takes him bright and early every morning before work. Anyway, I'm loving the little pages of "homework" as he calls it. We'll give him some time to adjust, and if he's still having problems with nap, we'll find a solution.



The girls both love their teachers and look forward to going to school everyday. Hopefully it continues!



In Aubrey news, she is still trying and I use that word loosely, to potty train. In other words, she gets to sit on the potty a few times a day and when I have some down time (very rarely), I'll let her go diaperless and take her to the potty every 15 minutes. I'm not pushing this whatsoever, but if she's ready and willing, I'm going to follow her lead. My little girl is growing up right before my eyes. I do "school time" with Aubrey and my other daycare children just about everyday. For Aubrey this means, coloring, painting, singing the alphabet, days of the week, months of the year, etc...My smart little girl can already count to 10! Ok, so it's not perfect, but I think she does quite well for not even being 2 yet!


Just a few more years and all 4 of my babies will be in school! Where does the time go?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, I LOVE your new blog name & header! Perfect!

Second- I'm so glad school is going so well! Ethan started preschool this year, too. BOO HOO! :( So I know what you mean when you say you want to go 'rescue' him from stuff. And Eric's in the same place with the potty sorta-training. Everyone looks so grown up!